Got Questions About Your Injury Claim?

What is the difference between personal injury and tort law?

Nothing. A "tort" is defined as a civil wrong and generally refers to what nonlawyers call personal injury law.

What materials should I keep track of about an injury?
You should keep track of medical records, doctor's reports, prescriptions, police report, pictures of accident scene and any correspondence you have with an insurance company.

What is the difference between personal injury and workers' compensation?
Both involve physical injuries. However, if you are injured on the job, you will likely seek a claim through workers' compensation. The workers' compensation procedure is usually more straightforward than a personal injury case and does not involve a court trial or a jury.

What is the process for a personal injury case? When can I expect to see results?
Every case is different. An offer of settlement is usually not made until you have completed all your medical treatments and your doctor can give your lawyer a final report.

What if I am too injured to go to work? What happens then?
You are entitled to claim compensation for all your out-of-pocket losses, including your loss wages, the cost of your medical treatments, damages to your vehicle or other personal property, as well as general damages for disability, pain and suffering, etc.

How am I going to be able to live if I am too disabled to work?
You also are entitled to claim compensation for your loss of earning ability because of a permanent disability.

More Questions?

Talk with a personal injury lawyer in Superior today to explore your legal options. Call Hannula Halom & Scherz at 715-718-3621 or contact us online to schedule an appointment. We represent clients in both Wisconsin and Minnesota.